Tuesday, April 13, 2010

TIOT - Embossing

Yay it's another Try It Out Tuesday!  Oh how Tuesday are becoming my favorite day of the week....and that means a lot seeing how I am in school all day on Tuesdays!  LOL!  But at the end of the day I love coming home and seeing all the different takes on the lovely challenge that Suzanne gives us! 

Before we get into today's challenge I want to let you know about some new products that Susana has at the SCACD Store! Susan is now carrying the  Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps which are now in stock!  YAY...I love these cutie pie stamps!!!!   Prima flowers are now restocked including the hard to find cameo roses, along with more Spellbinders

Now onto this week's challenge which is EMBOSSING....think dry embossing, Cuttlebug folders, and/or embossing powder!

I have to tell you I tried to get lots of different embossings into my card.  I've used a Cuttlebug embossing folder over the Spellbinder Heart for the background behind this adorable honey!  I've also used some different embossing powders too! Ranger Holographic embossing powder was used over Memento Tuxedo Black ink on the sentiment to give it an all different color shimmer!  I love this powder!!!  Paper are from the BG Kioshi pack.
Victoria Case Little Anki for SCACD was my stamp of choice this week!  I love this little cutie with all her hearts...which inspired me to use the heart theme through out my card!  Little Anki was colored with Copics.  Her toenails were painted with Sugarberry Smooch for a fun metallic toenail polish look!
My next type of embossing on this card is on the letter!  I've taken my Versamark Marker and colored over the envelope.  Then I've taken clear embossing powder and cover the envelope to give it a fun shine.
Here's a close up of my flower/pin arrangement.  The bow was made with my Bow Easy!  If you don't have one of these you NEED to get one!  This is one of my ultimate FAVORITE tools!  I NEVER could tie a decent bow until I got my Bow Easy!  Now it's a piece of cake!  You can also see my new MS border punch which I've accented with my new Viva Decor Pearl Pen.  If you haven't seen these yet....OMG...you will be in LOVE LOVE LOVE with them!  I know I love pearls on my cards....well this fun product allows you to custom make pearls any size/color you want!  Suzanne and Marti have some amazing video tutorial showcasing these super products!
Finally I have a shimmer view to share with you!  Here you can see the Illuminate Smooch which was added to Little Anki's hearts on her dress.  You can also see the Buttermilk Spica that I have used in her hair.

I hope you've enjoyed my card!  Make sure you head on over to the SCACD Blog to see what the other amazing girls have made.

I want to give a Special Thank You to all who have made recent purchases on my Handmade Store!  I greatly appreciate your business and hope to do continued business with all of you in the future!  If you haven't seen my store, you can click -->here<-- to go and take a peek.

Recipe:
Stamps: Victoria Case Little Anki for SCACD, Thankful Hearts (Verve),
Inks: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copics, Spica, Versamark Marker,
Copic Colors Used: E000, E00, E11, E21, E97, E99, W3, R02, R11, YR00, YR21, YR24, B0000, B01, RV91, RV93, RV95
PapersBasic Grey Kioshi Collection,
Tools: Spellbinders - Heart & Scalloped Heart, Bow Easy, MS hydrangea border punch, Cuttlebug Embossing Folder, SU oval & scallop oval punches,
Embellishments: Ranger Holographic Embossing Powder, Sugarberry Smooch, Clear Embossing Powder, Viva Decor Lilac Pearl Pen, Illuminate Smooch, Glossy Accents, Roses (Wild Orchid Crafts), Pearl sprays, pin (from my great friend) and ribbon from my stash.


♥ Thanks for stopping by! ♥

Photobucket

6 comments:

Rach said...

This is way cute Kim, love the pretty details that you have used. xx

debby4000 said...

Oh what a cutie, fabulous card Kim.
luv
Debby

Crystal said...

SOOOOO Super cute, AWWW Kim what a great image and love that embossed heart!! SWEEEET!

Melanie said...

Kim, this is beautiful!! I love all the details you put into your card. Just gorgeous!!

SANDRA said...

So beautiful. love all the detail you have put into it. The image is very cute. Love Sandra x

CraftyC said...

Your card is beautiful Kim, she is so sweet!
Clairex

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...