Sunday, July 4, 2010

TIOT - 4th of July Style!

For all of my friends here in the U.S. I want to wish you all a Happy 4th of July!  We are celebrating our Independence Day today!  Last night, hubby and I had a fun night at our friend's house, a fun cookout and watched the local fireworks display!  Today we are going to an antique car show and maybe watching the parade at my hometown! :)  I hope you are all having a wonderful weekend!

Today I would like to share my TIO"T" card with you!  I know I am a tad late....last week was crazy with school stuff!  My card was made for the couple who hosted our party last night as a thank you for having us over every year for their 4th of July party!  Over at SCACD, Suzanne had an awesome sketch for us to play with this week!  You can get all the details -->HERE<--!  Make sure you go over to the SCACD blog to check out what the other girls have made this past week...there projects are fabulous!
Here is my card!  I decided to make my focal point on the front of the card a fun American flag, which I cut strips of paper and then punched some stars to make my flag.  My friend LOVES red, white, and blue (she has a whole room of her house dedicated to these colors) so this was so much fun to make for her!  The whole front of the card has been sprayed with Vanilla Shimmer Smooch Spritz to give it an amazing frosted and glitzed affect!  This is the first time I've used this product and I have to tell you I absolutely LOVE it!
Here is a close up of the flower collection with flowers from Wild Orchid Crafts.  First I've stamped my baroque motiff stamp and embossed it with  TH silver embossing powder.  Then I put the flowers on top.  I've used Classic Red Rose, 25mm rose, aster daisies (that I airbrushed to match the blue in my paper), 10 mm roses, 5mm rosebuds, Red Stamens, pearl sprays, and the dark blue flower is from my stash.
This is the inside of the card, where I used the same baroque motiff stamp, heat embossed with the silver embossing powder again, and added some punched red and blue stars to carry through my patriotic affect.   This was where our thank you message was written.
My main stamped image was placed on the inside of the card on the left hand side.  This cutie is Go Green and she is from the NEW Sampler Collection #5 by Elisabeth Bell exclusively for SCACD!  I took this fun cutie pie image who was holding her pot of flowers and turned her into the patriotic girl for the day!  I added the punched stars to her flower pot and to the top of her hat.  I think she looks perfect for this festive day!
Here is a close up so you can see Miss. Go Green better!  She was colored with Copics and then accented with a white gel pen.  I've added Viva Decor Glitter liner in Ruby, Sapphire, and Hologram to the stars on her hat and in her flower pot.  Her apron lace was also treated with Viva Decor Glitter Liner in Hologram for some extra bling to her outfit!  I so love how she turned out!
I'll leave you with one more image of the front of the card where you can see more of the sparkle from the Smooch spray and also the Viva Decor Glitter Liner in Ruby that was used around the whole flag edge.

Sorry the pictures are a little washed out!  We are getting a new air conditioner, so the main countertop I use for taking pictures is where out patio door is located.  However, we had to put our old air conditioner in that patio door and then block the rest of the door with some foam board (because our new air conditioner will be going where the old one was and the wall had to be fixed up for the new unit) so there is no way I can use my perfect picture coutnertop because there is no light there. :(  I can't wait for our air conditioner project to be done so my house can get back to order and so I can take normal pictures for my blog! :)

I will be back later tonight to edit and add the recipe information!  We are headed out the door to the 4th of July parade and car show! :)

Edit to Add: Card recipe is now complete! :)

Susana also has some new products in the store....make sure you head on over to check them out!  They include: NEW Kraftin' Kimmie Mermaid Stamps, NEW Lockhart Stamps, Basic Grey Oliver and Olivia paper pads, and NEW Webster Pages paper!  Happy Shopping!  

Recipe:
Stamps: Go Green from Sampler Edition #5 by Elisabeth Bell for SCACD, Baroque Motiff (SU)
Inks: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copics, White Gel Pen,
Copic Colors Used: G14, G16, YR00, YR18, YR24, Y23, E000, E00, E08, E09, E11, E21, E99, R02, R22, R46, R59, B21, B24, B26, B29
Papers: SU cardstock
Tools: Fiskars star border punch, Fiskars star punch, Sizzix embossing folder, corner rounder,
Embellishments: Viva Decor Glitter liner in Ruby, Sapphire, and Hologram, Flowers from Wild Orchid Crafts - Classic Red Rose, 25mm rose, aster daisies, 10 mm roses, 5mm rosebuds, Red Stamens, pearl sprays, dark blue flower from my stash, Karen Foster brads.

♥ Thanks for stopping by!  Enjoy the rest of your day!♥

Photobucket

1 comment:

RobinH said...

beautiful card Kim

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...