Friday, December 10, 2010

I Heart Ya Notepad Holder

Happy Friday!!!  I hope you all have some fun planned for this weekend!  I will be working on my advertising project for a presentation next week, and of course studying for my finals which also are next week....but after next week I only have ONE MORE SEMESTER left of school!  It is so exciting to know that graduation is getting closer....I never thought this time would come!! I'm looking forward to starting my internship as well!

Today I have a fun SCACD project to share with you!  At my last craft show I had a customer order a reuseable notepad holder for her 19 year old daughter for Christmas!  And this is what I came up with:
I thought it turned out absolutely beautiful....I so love when things turn out better then planned!  I hope my customer likes it as much as I do! :) I've used the cutie pie I Heart Ya by Elisabeth Bell for SCACD from the Sampler Edition #3.  Isn't she so sweet....perfect for any occasion....birthday, sympathy, thinking of you, or any holiday!  Papers are from K&Company Amy Butler Lotus collection!
This little darling was colored with Copics and accented with a white gel pen.  I've popped her up onto a SB Labels 14 which was matted with a nellie snellen die which was accented with 3mm pearls from Wild Orchid Crafts...they have a huge selection of colors available in the self adhesive pearls!!! 
Flowers are also from Wild Orchid Crafts and consist of one of the NEW SMALLER Flat Gardenias!  I've also used 20mm roses, and 8mm semi-open roses (which have been airbrushed to match the color theme of the notepad holder), and clear crystal stems.  The bottom edge of the notepad holder has been accented with 5mm pearls.
Finally I took some white fabric Thickers and airbrushed  them to match my color theme and then added lots of Diamond Stickles to add some sparkle to the project.

I hope you have enjoyed the project!  I forgot to take a picture of the inside before I packaged it up for shipping!  I am going to be making some more of these so I will make sure to remember to take a picture of the inside for you then! :)

***Don't forget to check out the AMAZING NEW PRODUCTS in over at the SCACD store!!!***  You can find New Flower Soft colors, New Dreamweaver Stencils, and New Inkadinkado Stamps!  Click -->HERE<-- to see them!!!  Happy Shopping!!!

Recipe:
Stamps: I Heart Ya by Elisabeth Bell for SCACD from the Sampler Edition #3 
Inks: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copics, White Gel Pen,
Copic Colors Used: Hair: YR24, Y18, Y32, E99, Shirt, Headband, & Socks: B0000, B000, B00, B52, Skirt, Shoes & Headband: E0000, E41, E42, Skin: E000, E00, E11, R02, Shading: W3, Heart: E25, E53, E57, B00, B52.
Papers: K&Company Amy Butler Lotus collection
Tools: SB Labels 14, Nellie Snellen die, MS border punch,
Embellishments: 3mm pearls, Small Flat Gardenias, 20mm roses, 8mm semi-open roses, clear crystal stems, 5mm pearls, Diamond Stickles

♥ Thanks for stopping by! ♥
Photobucket

4 comments:

Renkata said...

Hi Kim, this project is Fantastic, so beautiful!
Success dear!

Paula (PEP) said...

Wishing you all the best for the finals & your last semester too. the colours of this are just amazing - it's delightful for a teenager too & so feminine. Love the combination of dies for layering & mounting the image.
Paula (PEP)
http://pepcraftchallexp.blogspot.com/

Mary Lou said...

Kim this is BEYOND BEAUTIFUL!!!!
They will love this!!!
Yea the semester is almost done~~~yea graduation here Kim Comes:)
Love you dear
Mom

Riet said...

So beautiful Kim,I love the image and the colours.
So gorgeous papers and the details.

hugs riet.x

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...